Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why Go?













Morning, Bloggers....

First of all, I had a pretty good scare with my heart and was admitted into the hospital with Atrial Fibrillation (an irregularity of my heart)... I had to stay in the hospital for 2 days including a "Cardioconversion" (shock) of my heart. It was an interesting experience!! I'm "living" to tell about the "conversion" of my heart!! :)

I was asked "Why do you go to church? Why do you worship God? Why do you read the Bible? Why??" Here why....

1. I get the time to be with my fellow brothers and sisters taking steps toward Christ our Lord. How often do I get to sit with them? No often enough as I want but I made every effort to do so.

2. I get to watch God work in the lives of my brothers and sisters in Christ. They come to pray about their next steps for the upcoming week. They are responding to God's Spirit and I get to watch them from a front seat (with popcorn: Bible)!

3. I need time in the shadow of the Cross with my fellow Christians like me, on the journey beside me.

4. The worship enriches my soul and deepens my love for God.

5. They challenge me to new heights (some say, "Oh yeah, tell me about it!".) ;) I'm a better guy because I'm worshipping God. True! When I'm back home, I'm stronger than I was when I left home to worship God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I'm so glad that your are feeling better. I'm sure you had quite a scare. God is good.
Love,
Bruce Black

Anonymous said...

Amen, Mark!
We're glad you are feeling better!
Kyle & Megan

Deaf Band Of Brothers said...

Don't be ashamed of the Gospel.

D

Mark Lowenstein said...

Bruce: thanks for your message. It means alot to me. :) Pray all is well in Fairfax. We all still miss you and we pray that the work in both hearing and deaf are thriving into new heights!! :)

Kyle and Megan: thanks!! And we also pray you're all doing well! May the Lord be with you all as well!

Darrin: Gracias! :) Ro. 1:17!!! Amen!!! :)