Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My "Last Supper"

Good morning, Bloggers!

I'm finally back to bloggin' and PAH have internet in my new office. More pictures coming soon! Check back soon...

LOL! I think I know what you're thinking as you read the title! :) No.. I don't mean that I will be "crucified", it's Jesus that has the Original, the Ultimate "Last Supper"!! No.. I don't mean that I will give up "Christianity", Lord willing, never!

What I am referring to is my last lesson as a "full-time deaf minister with Fairfax Church of Christ". In the picture, below, is my final sermon as a deaf minister there. It was one of the most emotional day, emotional lesson I have ever given.



I love my deaf family (deaf and hearing) at FXCC!!! And, speaking for my family, we love them and miss them dearly! After 9 years of being with them, through growing pains, through trials of many kinds, countless private meetings, being the last family to leave the church building, finding trash all over our car/truck (long story here), locking up the building, eating out with fellow brothers and sisters, mentoring, encouraging, loving, serving, raking leaves, taking care of kids while our wives and ladies enjoy their LANO events, times of prayers, Deaf Worship Team meetings, Praise Team meetings (whoo! we've done alot of that!!), laughters and tears and arguments (of course!) and many more! All of them are etched forever in our hearts!!



Now, we're extremely excited about growing a new deaf church family here in Kansas! We will be working with the deaf communities in Olathe, Wichita, Lawrence, Topeka and Manhattan!!! :) All of them are within a 3 hour-drive radius! Pray for us!!

Lastly, here's a picture of my "preacher's tie"!! :) Remember this!!! Be my Elisha!! (This is for those at FXCC!!!) :)



More to come........

No comments: