Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Before You Tell...

Before you tell...

..your friends..
..your co-workers..
..your girlfriend..
..your boyfriend..
..your boss..
..your best friend..
..your neighbors..
..your enemies..
..your children..
..your grandchildren..
..your relatives..
..and the list is endless..

That you're a Christian...

But IF you can't be a Christian...

Please don't go out into the world and tell people you're a Christian.

Why?

Because you'll screw it up for the rest of us...

- Rob Bell (in part)

"Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you." Philippians 3:17 (niv)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Excellent post. Point given!

I have a couple of Christian brothers and sisters whose lifestyle doesn't reflect our Lord Jesus. They do the following things like flipping the bird, saying the "f-word", "s-word".. I just hate it, I mean, HATE it when they proclaim they are Christians and do the exact opposite. Then they'll attack me by saying, "Don't judge me! I'm not perfect!" True, but still no excuse, period!

I believe they are defaming the image of Christ by continuing doing these things. I have a roommate who just sleeps in on Sunday morning and doesn't go to church to worship the God of the Universe. Then he woke up when I returned home from church and went to his friends house to play some games. Believe it or not. He's a Christian, or what do I call him anyways?

Then I pray to God he doesn't boast around saying he's a member of the "so-so" church or they'll see his example.

There's a difference between desire and require. There are Christians with a fire"some" desire to do the Lord's will while there are others that feels the nagging "requirements" to serve Him. That's why I like this post encouraging (quote) "Christians" who cannot be a Christian to PLEASE!!! don't be one. Otherwise, they'll ruin it all by their poor examples.

Again..! Thanks, Mark, for this post!