Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Uncontrollable Tongue


Good evening, Bloggers!!

It's not typical for me to post a blog this late in the afternoon.. I have so much to say that must be blogged!!

Before I "ramble" on, I want to share what has been on my heart for so long.. One, I thank God that I am not perfect. Because of my imperfections in how I live my life, I have a Counselor and Friend who is able to guide me on the right track. Two, when I share a blog, I pray that what had been shared reaches the hearts, the hearts that may seem far from God, may be less and less in faith with God or even the hearts that may be more and more encouraged. And three, this blog is for the glory of God, not mine.

In the picture (above), I am really proud of this team! It's called, "Deaf Worship Team or DWT" (for now..) We haven't really come up with a name of this team. Tim (standing) is leading us through discussing the next week's worship. We have never done this before and I can see that it's making progresses. This is a way to ensure that each worship "server" understands his/her responsibilities and have a week to prepare themselves before Sunday.

There's something else that I want to share with you. Since we just started the DWT meetings close to the end of January of this year (2006), worship has become extremely meaningful and harmonious! But Satan didn't like what he is seeing.. Last night, I had an encounter with one of the DWT member but it was a very simple misunderstanding. The person sent me an email accusing me of being pushy or something like that (in my previous email). I was tired last night having to care for my two sick daughters with a strep plus working all day (and night) with my work. He had also worked 13.5 hours as well. The perfect picture of us would be a bout between Rocky and the Russian champ! Things didn't end too well until I took a glimpse at my first email I sent to this person and finally figured it all out! I forward the first message to him and said that I was only joking! Amazing, now, how Satan can use simple words (black/white) and turn two loving Christians against each other! That's the grind of life that everyone of us have to deal with every now and then! I turned my anger away from my beloved brother toward Satan. Now, you know how I really hate Satan!

Tonight, we're studying Proverbs!! I, along with a "faithful-Wednesday-few", love it!! Before I give you some points we're going to discuss tonight, let's look at Luke 6:45,

"The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart."

Like a bucket draws water from a well, so the tongue dips down and pours out whatever is in the heart. If the source is clean, that is what the tongue communicates. If it is contaminated, again, the tongue will expose it.

So, tonight, we're going to focus on the wrong use of our tongues (hands). Next week, we'll focus on the right ones.. Here are five unhealthy ways an uncontrolled tongues reveals itself:

1. Deceitful flattery - Proverbs 20:17; 28;23.
2. Gossip and slander - Proverbs 6:12-14; 10:18; 18:7-8; 20:19.
3. Arguments, striving, angry words - Proverbs 14:16-17; 15:4; 17:14; 18:6; 25:15; 29:11

This, I don't mean the expression of differing opinions or even disagreement. Of course, we disagree or agree on things.. Now, arguments and strivings, however, have to do with attitudes such as stubbornness and rigidity. This inevitably arouses anger - the kind of anger that is displeasing to the Lord. It is not so much a question of do you disagree, but how you disagree.

4. Boasting and foolish jesting - Proverbs 14:3; 25:14; 6:16-17; 10:21; 15:7; 18:7
5. Verbosity - Proverbs 10:19.

Verbosity means excess verbiage - talking to much and saying too little. Pointless! He fills silent segments of conversations with talk, words without significance. He interrupts without hesitation.

We have been thinking about the wrong uses of our tongues (hands). The scene has not been pleasant, has it? I hope that rehearsing these five unpleasant examples will encourage you to put the clamps on the muscle in your mouth (hands)!!

No comments: