Monday, January 19, 2009

My Girl's THIRTEENTH Birthday!!















Thirteen years ago, today, Amanda was born in Missouri. It was a cold, frigid night and the snow was coming down in a blizzard-like manner! When my wife started to have strong contractions, we knew it was time. I opened the garage door finding the snow was building up against the garage door. I had to quickly shovel out the snow to make way for our small, 4X4 NOT!, car! Then we took off to the hospital.

The road to the hospital wasn't pretty at all! As trucks passes by us, we could barely see out the window. I was a bit concerned about this 20 minute trek turn what feels like a hour to get there! As my wife's contractions hit, she grabs my arm and squeeze! Yikes! For the first time as a dad, I wasn't sure what is expected. It was Amanda ready to come into the world and "LIVE"!

Thirteen years ago, today! What a sweat! What a pain! What an experience! What a gift from God! We thank God, everyday, for Amanda! And may God bless her on this day and provide for her for the rest of her beating heart.

Happy Birthday, girl! ;) We love you!

1 comment:

Fitness4God said...

H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y

Amanda! Have a fun day!

We love you.
Dennis, Cindi, and Kayla