Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Falling Star



Last Monday morning, I took my dog, Hope, for our morning walk. We decided to go roam around in a different place near our home. It's a relatively very, very quiet place. While Hope was busy sniffing the grass and shrubs, I decided to look up into the half-dark, half-bright sky to talk with God. Then I saw, probably for the 50th time in my life, a shooting star (or a falling star)!! Man! I love looking at them falling. The color was awesome. And how it passes through the atmosphere and then diminishes without touching earth is amazing..

Just thought I throw in this verse and see what if you understand what God, through Isaiah, was trying to say:

"How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!" Isaiah 14:12 (niv)

Lord, thank You for allowing me to see one of your 50+ falling stars in my life! How I loved each one of them! Your Creation, the works of Your hands, amazes me still!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the scriputre in Living Bible. It says, "How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifier, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground-mighty though you were againist the nations of the world." I read and found out that Lucifier thought he would ascend to heaven and rule the world, but he will be down in the PIT..(HELL)..Lucifer bragged which caused the CHAOS on himself..
Overall, God is still up there on the THRONE showing us his WONDEROUS CREATION. We continue to ADMIRE and ADORE HIM for all what He has done for us.

Psalm 48:2 (LB) says "What a glorious sight! See Mount Zion rising north of the city high above the plains for all to see Mount Zion, joy of all the earth, the residence of the great King."

Hebrews 13:15-16 (NIV) says "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of PRAISE-the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased."

Thanks for the BEAUTIFUL SCENERY, Mark. God is AWESOME!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Mark, that's one of the few beautiful things I am missing out on since I completed my 2-week pet/house sitting duty at your lovely townhouse! Those stars are SO VISIBLE out there in Leesburg. You're blessed! I never saw a falling star there, though. I rarely see any stars in DC but that is DC. :) The only beautiful VISIBLE thing I see every day here in DC is the sunrise during my daily morning walks with my dog. I thank God EVERY MORNING for giving us another day.
Monica