Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My wishlist to God...

Man! I don't know about you but as time goes by, the number of years working for God increments, the church grows makes planning more and more difficult! You should know me by now! I hate to do the same thing year by year. Like God, I love variety! So you're telling me that I'm asking for it! Thanks and I am glad I am the type of person who loves variety! It's more exciting that way.

Jesus gave tons of varieties! Through his conversation with the multitudes. Through his miracles - lame, blind, leperous, "exorcisizing", distant healing, raised Lazarus, changed water to wine, walked on water! Man! Do I need to tell you all those varieties He's done! Not to mention this, an eye-opener, heart-crasher: God raised Him from the dead! Praise God and Amen!

And God, made the world and everything that's in it! Can you count how many of the varieties He's made! There's billions of them that can be found in Google!

And the Holy Spirit! He's my buddy! I love Him! He touches people in billion different ways! From the depth of the sea to the vastness of universe, He touched those who stood in awe of God! He touched them through various ways!

"Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this. "What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside?" Job 38:18-19 (niv)

Here's my wish list to God....
1. That each and every true believer will reach one precious soul and bring him/her to Christ within one year! Then work with that soul through weekly correspondence and monthly outings.
2. That we will devote our lives to be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God through corporate bible studies, personal bible studies, daily time of prayers, fasting, constant worship, and small group meetings.
3. Re-examine our daily priorities to make sure we're spending more time with God (among ourselves, our families, our co-workers and the community).
4. Commit to Sunday's corporate gatherings in worship and class (90+% of the time).

Year after year, some of us are prone to giving excuses - forgot to turn on alarm, something else came up, my child didn't want to go to church, it's too far to drive (Jesus didn't have an SUV!), I just don't feel like it, I have this itty-bitty cold and whatever runs through your head. ;) Think about how God feels about this when He really knows it's only a lame excuse. Think about if Jesus said, "I forgot my appointment to suffer for the world cuz I got a bit distracted with..." I don't think so. Jesus went through all this for you and He hears your _____________. So my prayer is that God will bring you up out of the pool of excuses you're wading in and begin your full devotion to Him!

5. Devote more of our finances to God (go through your budget and see where you need to sacrifice in order to give more to God).
6. Grow strong and deep in fellowship through small group meetings (in homes).
7. Determine what my God-given gift(s) are and how I can give God glory with the gift(s).
8. Devote to completing the Purpose Driven Fairfax classes (PDFX 101, 201, 301, 401) during the 2006 year.
9. Be more encouraging, less critical. Be the light of the world, salt of the earth!
10. Memorize at least 12 verses (one verse per month during the 2006 year).
11. Invite member(s) to your home for lunch/dinner.
12. Adore and praise God more during worship through singing, meditation during communion, growing to please God in our worship to Him, attentive to His messages, and remember those in need and praises through prayer.
13. Confess our sins and repent from it!
14. Pray for our leaders, our country and the world (President, Congress, Supreme Court) that they will seek God in their everyday decisions.
15. That the Lord will send someone to bible school to prepare himself and his family for service among the deaf in the world. (Isaiah 6)

Lastly, I know this may be unrealistic but with God, anything is possible for those who ask:

16. Bring in 7 (or more) souls to Jesus next year!

"What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27 (niv)

No comments: