Thursday, May 12, 2005

Reviewing Your NIKE Status

"Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock. But anyone who hears my teaching and ignores it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will fall with a mighty crash." (NLT)

While Nike® may have the trademark on the phrase "Just Do It!"

Jesus certainly said it enough to claim original authorship of this thought. He is serious: his teaching is not for philosophical inspiration, nor for intellectual conversations, nor just for Bible class discussions. The goal of his teaching is to help people understand just one important thing:

What the will of God is and then "Just Do It."

Right now, I am picturing a couple of brave soldiers who fought in Iwo Jima. Do you recall the picture of a couple of men on a hilltop working together to plant an American flag which tells the world that they have "overcome" their enemies. This picture is priceless! I must say that you ought to picture yourselves raising a banner of God like what the men at Iwo Jima did. When you have conquered your enemies of daily incidences, God will do a freeze-frame of your victory over them. It will be a Kodak moment for God. He will always be moved when you have overcome your struggles and weaknesses. You have done the "Just Do It" trademark of Jesus! You have done it because you trusted in Him. You have done it because you listened to Him through the Holy Spirit that lives in you.

While God is for us, and we keep in his love, we may with a holy boldness boast against all the powers of darkness.

Let Satan do his worst, he is chained;
Let the world do its worst, it is conquered: principalities and powers are spoiled and disarmed, and triumphed over, in the cross of Christ.

Who then dares fight against us, while God himself is fighting for us? And this we say to these things, we're more than conquerors through him who loved us! So my question is, "How much of a conqueror are you through God who loves us?" Then review your NIKE (conqueror) status everyday!

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Ro. 8:37 (NIV)

2 comments:

Fitness4God said...

Swoosh, Nike-man!

God is with us! Anchor onto Him!

Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by any evil. Psalm 119:133

Victory!

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my victory. He is my God, and I will praise him; he is my father's God, and I will exalt him! Exodus 15:2

He is going with you!

For the LORD your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory! Deuteronomy 20:4

Matt Sickon said...

"Just do it!" by Nike also reminded me of a wise saying by Yoda - "Do or do not....there is no try."

Just a quote to think about :)